At The Spice Tailor we’re huge fans of healthy food that is extremely tasty & easy to make. Mackerel is not only rich in omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids, but it also contains vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E & K as well as minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous & potassium!
This recipe for Goan mackerel harnesses all that goodness, takes no time to cook & is delicious as well.
YOU WILL NEED…
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 packet The Spice Tailor Fiery Goan Curry
2 small-medium mackerel, cleaned, gutted & cut into steaks
Handful of fresh coriander
– Heat the oil in a small-medium sized non-stick saucepan
– Add the spices from the spice pouch. Only add the chilli if you really love the heat! Cook for 10-15 seconds
– Add both the sauces from the packets & a splash of water & bring to a simmer
– Add the fish, bring back to a boil then turn the heat down & cook gently until the fish is cooked through, around 10-15 minutes
– Shake in the coriander & serve with rice