This velvety roasted cauliflower soup has a beautiful flavor without needing any dairy and is topped with crispy bacon and bright pesto.
I’m in full SOUP mode! Using my bone broths, veggies, and the blender makes me a happy woman. This creamy roasted cauliflower soup has a deep, nutty flavor (hayyyy roasted cauliflower!!), with a creamy consistency and all the bone broth healing powers!
As a bonus, I’m throwing in some collagen powder (can’t stop, won’t stop) and topping it off with a dollop of pesto and crispy bacon bits. These flavors come together like a winter miracle snow globe in your mouth.
Yes, I’m that confident – you will love this!
P.S. Although I do use a bit of coconut cream in this, you will not taste the coconut. I commonly get asked about that, but in small doses and when mixed with other ingredients, it’s really just used for the texture instead of dairy cream.
Click here for the dairy-free pesto recipe.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 slices bacon (nitrate-free, sugar-free)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups bone broth (homemade or bought)
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream (canned)
- 6 scoops collagen peptides powder (I use Vital Proteins)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free pesto (link too recipe is above this box)
- Pre-heat oven to 400f degrees. Cut the head of cauliflower into small florets, toss in coconut oil, and spread evenly on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing half-way in between. Remove and set aside and turn the oven off.
- On the stovetop, in a bottom-heavy pan or dutch oven, add the bacon slices. Cook over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy. Set bacon aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the bacon grease, add chopped onion and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir with a wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the roasted cauliflower florets and stir around to get coated in the grease and onions. Add bone broth over top and turn the heat high to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let soup simmer for 15 minutes or so. The cauliflower should be very soft.
- Once done, turn the heat off. Transfer to a high-speed blender and add coconut cream, collagen, and another pinch of sea salt to taste. Blend on high for 30 seconds or so until everything is creamy and well combined.
- Serve into bowls, top each bowl with a drizzle of pesto (approx. ½ Tbsp or more per bowl). Each of the 4 bowls gets crushed bacon over top! For non-AIP version, add pepitas or any other seeds you like. Serve hot, store leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge.
The post Bacon, Pesto and Cauliflower Soup appeared first on Honest Cooking.
Author Alison Marras