Trifle for breakfast? Oh yes! Today is all about this healthy breakfast trifle recipe, layered with cereals, yoghurt, kiwi and raspberries.This healthy breakfast trifle recipe is perfect when you have literally have five minutes in the morning. All you need is to have the right ingredients in the fridge and couple of glasses. The whole recipe is basically a simple layering of your favourite breakfast foods. I picked soya yoghurt, mashed raspberries, crushed up Weetabix and kiwi. You could use any cereals you like but if you want to keep it healthier, opt for those with nothing added. Weetabix, All Bran or Shredded Wheat are good choices, just check the labels before purchasing.You can make the trifle with any seasonal fruit combination or even with frozen fruit. I’ve used frozen raspberries in this version so you just pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds to defrost a bit, and mash them up slightly. You can add drizzle in some coconut nectar or maple syrup, but I like their natural flavour. Also, if you can assemble the trifle just before eating, the cereals will keep their crunch.
Here’s the healthy breakfast trifle recipe
Healthy breakfast trifle recipe
Author: Hedi Hearts Clean Eating Recipes
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 Weetabix, crushed
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup raspberries, mashed (reserve some for toppings)
- Optional: coconut nectar or any other sweetener
- 2 serving glasses (250ml)
- Layer each of the Weetabix into the glasses (leave a bit for the topping).
- Arrange the kiwis by pressing them onto the glass wall and add in the mashed raspberries.
- Add the yoghurt and top with the remaining mashed raspberries and Weetabix.
- If you have taller, thinner glasses, you could create more layers by dividing the ingredients between layers equally.
How easy is this healthy breakfast trifle recipe? You could also devour this as an afternoon treat or post-workout treat. If you are after more trifle-like recipes, check out my popcorn trifle or granola and cherry parfait.
As always please, if you make this recipe share it with me either on my Facebook,Twitter or Instagram. I would love to see it! Hashtag #HediHearts
Author Hedi Hearts