Enjoy Healthy Pauva with the magic of Indian Masala and Chinese Flavors along with the crunchy and caramelized peanuts. Chinese Pauva are full of spiciness of green chillies and red chilli sauce. Complementing the spiciness are the caramalized peanuts. A perfect Sunday Brunch.
3 Cups of Soaked Flattened Rice (Pauva)
1 Cup finely chopped Onions
½ Cup of Spring Onions
2-3 Finely chopped Green Chillies
10-12 Curry Leaves
½ Teaspoon of Mustard Seeds
¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
½ Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
3 Teaspoon Red Chilli Sauce
2 Teaspoon Green Chilli Sauce
2 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
4-5 Teaspoon Sugar
1. Take some oil in a shallow bottomed utensil and when oil is heated add mustard seeds and green chillies.
2. Add a cup of chopped onions and sauté them well till they turn transparent.
3. Now add the curry leaves and sauté them.
4. Add ½ cup of chopped spring onions and cook them well.
5. Now add the Indian Spices like turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
6. Mix the masala well.
7. Now add water soaked flattened rice and stir the mixture well so that the flattened rice (pauva) are covered well with the spices.
8. Add salt as per taste and mix the ingredients well.
9. To give a Chinese touch add soy sauce, red chilli sauce and green chilli sauce.
10. Mix the sauces well.
11. Now in a small utensil, melt sugar, add peanuts to it and cover the peanuts well with melted sugar.
12. While on hot flame immediately add the peanuts to the pauva (flattened rice) before the sugar solidifies.
13. On a high flame, mix the peanuts.
14. Chinese Pauva with Caramelized Peanuts are ready for your Sunday Brunch.