Thai Green Curry, an aromatic green curry cooked with assorted vegetables and paneer.
Recipe link :
Tarla Dalal App:
Tarla Dalal Blogspot:
Thai Green Curry
An aromatic green curry cooked with assorted vegetables and paneer.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes 4 servings
For The Curry
3/4 cup green curry paste , recipe below
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (nariyal ka doodh)
1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
1/2 cup capsicum cubes
1/2 cup sliced baby corn
1/2 cup boiled green peas
3/4 cup parboiled cauliflower florets
1/2 cup thickly sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
For The Green Curry Paste (makes Approx. 1 Cup)
2 tbsp finely chopped lemon grass (hare chai ki patti) stem
1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
1/4 cup roughly chopped onions
1 tbsp roughly chopped garlic (lehsun)
10 green chillies , roughly chopped
1 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
1/2 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns (kalimirch)
25 ginger (adrak)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp grated lemon rind
steamed rice (chawal)
For the green curry paste
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a fine paste, using enough water (approx. ½ cup). Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green curry paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the paneer, capsicum, babycorn, green peas, cauliflower and mushrooms, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
4. Add the sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice.
1. You can use any vegetables of your choice.