We’ve got that Friday feeling whoop whoop!!!!!🎉🎉🎉👨🍳👩🍳👍👍
Here is a nice little weekend recipe…perfect for these chillier days…enjoy ❤️
RICH CHEESE SOUFFLÉS served with an apple and celery salad
These double baked soufflés can be cooked several hours in advance and then re-baked just before serving.
300ml (1/2 pint) milk
1 slice onion
1 bay leaf
45g (1 1/2oz) butter
45g (1 1/2oz) plain flour
1 teaspoon grainy mustard
55g (2oz) mature cheddar cheese, grated
55g (2oz) hard goat’s cheese, grated
3 large eggs, separated
200ml (1/3 pint) double cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / gas mark 4.
2. Place the milk, onion, nutmeg and bay leaf in a saucepan and gently heat. Remove the pan from the heat and set one side to infuse for 30 minutes then remove the onion and bay leaf.
3. In a second saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and gently cook for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Return the pan to the heat and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grainy mustard, three quarters of the cheese and the egg yolks. Season well.
5. Generously butter 6 ramekins. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold the whisked whites into the cheese mixture and fill each ramekin until two thirds full.
6. Place the ramekins in a roasting tin of boiling water and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is cooked. Remove the ramekins from the roasting tin and allow to cool.
7. When ready to serve, preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 425F, 220C. Loosen the soufflé edges with a knife and turn out, upside down, into a shallow ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and pour over the cream.
8. Place in the oven for approx. 10-12 minutes until the soufflés are puffed and golden. Serve at once with a spoonful of celery and apple salad.
CRUNCHY CELERY & APPLE SALAD
6 stalks celery, sliced on the diagonal
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 Cox’s apples, cored and roughly chopped
juice 1 lemon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
85g (3oz) watercress, washed
salt & freshly ground black pepper
Just before serving, simply toss all the ingredients together and season.
This Content is Generated from RSS Feeds, if your content is featured and you would like to be removed, please Contact Us With your website address and name of site you wish to be removed from.
You can control what content is distributed in your RSS Feed by using your Website Editor.