Get our new free iPhone App:
How to cook simple chicken curry (Indian style) in yogurt based gravy with basic Indian spices.
350 gms boneless chicken
2 small potatoes
1 inch ginger piece
3-4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 large onion
1 green chilli
1/2 cup of Yogurt + 1/2 cup of water
1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp coriander pwd
1/2 tbsp Tomato paste
2 tbsp oil for cooking
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp garam masala
Pinch of Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
Garnish with cilantro leaves
1. Fry cumin seeds in hot oil
2. Add onions, ginger, garlic, green chilli and fry for 2-3 mins
3. Mix yogurt, water and spices to make sauce.
4. Once onions start turning golden brown, add chicken and let it get white (sealing in the juices). Usually takes 2-3 mins
5. Next, add potatoes. fry for 2 mins.
6. Add tomato paste. Mix it well.
7. Add yogurt sauce.
8. Everything will be done in about 4-5 mins. (Cooking time depends on cut of the chicken. Make sure potatoes are cooked as well.)
9. Once chicken is cooked, add garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with roti, rice or naan
This Content is Generated from RSS Feeds, if your content is featured and you would like to be removed, please Contact Us With your website address and name of site you wish to be removed from.
You can control what content is distributed in your RSS Feed by using your Website Editor.