This recipe for strawberry scones is very easy, takes only 10 to 15 minutes to prepare and you end up having a memorable breakfast. These scones are best served warm just after taking them out of the oven. The sprinkled sugar on top creates a crispy crust while the interior is soft and filled with strawberries. It’s really hard to resist.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 8 scones
1 1/2 cups (250g) strawberries, stemmed and cut into small pieces
2 1/4 cups (280g) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
2 tsp (10g) baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp (80g) butter, cold and cut into cubes
1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large whisk the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the butter cubes, and using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
4. Add chopped strawberries and toss until are coated in flour mixture.
5. Combine egg with buttermilk and add over the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
6. Transfer dough onto a floured surface. Shape into a circle of about 8 inch (20 cm) in diameter, then cut into 8 triangles.
7. Transfer the scones on the baking sheet and brush with egg. Sprinkle with some sugar to get a crispy top.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
9. Transfer to cooling rack. The scones are best served warm. Enjoy.
This Content is Generated from RSS Feeds, if your content is featured and you would like to be removed, please Contact Us With your website address and name of site you wish to be removed from.
You can control what content is distributed in your RSS Feed by using your Website Editor.